Cash donations allow us to buy perishable items such as meat, dairy, eggs and fresh produce as well as other food that we may run out of. Three easy ways to donate money are:
HEALTHY TIP: Choose items with whole grain as the first ingredient and look for products containing at least 2g of fibre per serving.
- Whole-grain cold breakfast cereals
- Rice, brown, converted or parboiled
- Whole-grain crackers
- Pasta, whole wheat
Vegetables and Fruit
HEALTHY TIP: Choose vegetables and fruits packed in water (or real fruit juice) with no added sodium/sugar.
- Canned fruit
- Fruit cups, individual
- 100% fruit juice, (plastic, canned, tetra pack)
- Canned vegetables and soup
- Tomato/spaghetti sauce
HEALTHY TIP: Choose items with 2% or less milk fat (M.F.).
- Instant skim milk powder
- Evaporated milk
- Custard and pudding mixes (to mix with milk or single servings)